Whilst the prospect of moving house can be exciting. There are a number of practicalities and initial logistics that can often make moving day particularly stressful. Whether it’s finding the time to pack up all of your furniture or organising the physical move itself. However, if there is one thing more stressful than just moving. It’s moving into a smaller home than your current one.
When downsizing to your new property, you are forced to look at everything you own and decide what items have priority in your new home. Which is tough to say the least.
At Store That Self Storage East London, we understand how difficult downsizing can be so here are a few of our top tips to make your move as stress-free as possible.
● Create a plan – Once you know you have secured the purchase of your brand new home. Be sure to have a floorplan to hand. This will help you to work out how much space you have to play with and decide how many of your valuables you can take with you before you move.
● Find other ways to keep sentimental items – Your home becomes a part of you. So there will be lots of items that bring back precious memories you may find hard to leave behind. We would never recommend ‘getting rid’ of sentimental items. So we recommend finding alternative storage for them like our secure self-storage in E14.
● Get smart with your furniture – Scale is important to making a home feel uncluttered and spacious. Often, if you have a large home now, you may find that your current furniture won’t fit properly in your smaller house. Start looking for examples of “downsized furniture” such as a love seat rather than a second full sofa, a dining table that folds away or a sofa bed instead of separate beds for guests.
Are you planning to move house this year? Why not consider storing your precious belongings in a self-storage unit? Our friendly team can be a great deal of help and improve your peace of mind during this period.
How We Can Help
Not only do our team provide high quality yet affordable storage units in E14. All of our storage units are covered by 24-hour CCTV protection as well as in-house security guards to keep your belongings safe.
Are you looking for a place to store your valuables this year? With so many storage companies in and around the UK. It can be difficult to choose the one that is right for you. The team at Store That E14 want to help you decide on the right one for you.
We have put our heads together to come up with a list of the benefits when using our storage units in E14.
● Knowledgeable – Established just over 65 years ago, Store That has years of experience. Specialising in high quality handling and packing. With our understanding of the storage industry, we hope to pass the same level of expertise and service to our storage customers.
● Personal – At Store That, you will not be just a nameless and faceless customer lost within the statistics of a huge corporation. Our team strives to offer a helpful and personal touch for all our customers in order to make the storage process stress and hassle free. Our qualified handling staff on site are happy to offer a loading/unloading service of any vehicle. Using our high quality forklifts and loading ramps.
● Secure – Above everything else, it’s important that our customers trust that their belongings are in safe hands. That’s why we have a completely secure site fitted with CCTV coverage and guarded by our 24 hour in-house security. This not only helps to protect your belongings from damage and theft, but also ensures our own secure storage units are kept safe and sound.
● Options – Over the years we have grown and evolved our range of self storage units E14. Now, just 65 years later, Store That has a number of units available for customers in a range of sizes from 20 – 150sqft. We also provide our customers with safe self-storage units at ground level or first floor for ease of access. With the option for temporary storage and short to long term storage contracts.
“SALE!”, “NEW YEAR BARGAINS!”, “JANUARY OFFERS!”. The big red SALE signs in the shop storefronts have long been a divider of public opinion. Love or hate the New Year rush, January Sales can be the opportunity to buy the Christmas present you wish you received. However, with the hundreds of companies offering you the “best price”, how do you bag the best deal? Store That tells you how:
What about the web?
You most probably used the web for Christmas gifts, so why not for your January Sales? Most often, prices online are at their most competitive with other online retailers (Amazon vs eBay, for example) but for the major brands, they can be a bit cheekier with matching their in-store sale with online. Check the hundreds of price comparison sites available to really crunch those numbers. Especially if you’re planning on jetting off this January for a spot of winter sun, try https://www.travelsupermarket.com.
Independent and even second-hand shops don’t shout “BARGAINS” like the high-street chains do, but you could find some great picks in small businesses. Store That E14 recommend heading down to Camden Market, Covent Garden or Shoreditch to peruse all the best funky and specialised products. Think vinyls, vintage jewellery and even a new electric guitar if that takes your fancy, all for up to 75% off the original price. This way, you’re beating the crowds and nabbing a unique piece, almost guaranteed.
While you’re out in the rain and the cold this January, the last thing you’re probably thinking about is ways to keep cool. But now 2018 has arrived, so will the longer, warmer summer months (and hopefully a three-day heatwave from the Med). So, now’s the time to grab those out-of-season electronical bargains in advance, like air-conditioning tools, a barbeque or a paddling pool for the kids.
While we think there’s a bargain to be found out there this January, keeping hold of your olden but golden belongings from the years gone by is equally as important. If you’re finding storing the summer wardrobe is taking up too much space or you’ve simply overspent at the sales and it’s time for a clear out, our storage units in E14 offer a secure, safe and weather-protected option for your things. Give us a call on 020 7515 1300 for free quote today.
Dry January, menthol cigarettes, some kind of yoga … the New Year invites all sorts of cleansing to help prepare for the year ahead. However, here at Store That London, we think your fresh start starts with clearing the space around you. Whether it’s time to pack up the in-law’s sofa bed (finally) or storing your decorations from the festive period. Here’s why you should declutter your home with Store That London Docklands:
- We’ve bagged the best spot:
We are based in Canary Wharf in a 2-acre plot, right by the Thames and accessible by all major motorways. Our size means we’re able to offer storage units from 25 to 200 sqft. That means we’ve got self-storage units, drive-up units, and brand new sea containers for your bigger belongings. Our central location is monitored 24/7 by cameras and crew to keep your stuff safe.
- We think of everything:
We know your things are precious to you. So we’ve got the materials and tools needed to additionally protect it while in storage. We’ve got bubble wrap, boxes, covers and all sorts of packaging you can purchase on-site for very reasonable prices (including protected clothes rails for your Christmas jumpers). To add to Store That’s convenience, we’ve made the prices visible on the website, so you know what you’re getting and what you’re paying to make sure you get the best deal.
- We value you like you value your things:
We place huge emphasis on the integrity of our service because we believe our customers invest in the safety of their goods, not for fancy frontage. We know that putting your belongings in self-storage can be daunting so we’re on-hand to give you the best advice. From advising you to keep your electricals off the floor to providing you with a size guide to maximise your money’s worth. Finally, we know flexibility is key, so we can offer you both short-term and long-term solutions for storage.
Therefore, whatever resolution you decide on this New Year. Get the ball rolling by shedding the baggage of your excess belongings with Store That Canary Wharf. Give us a call on 020 7515 1300 or email us at email@example.com today.