Last week, the UK was hit by a snowstorm. Covering a lot of the country in ice and plunging us into low temperatures. This winter weather can be pretty harsh on your belongings when not stored properly. That’s why the team at Store That London Docklands have put together a list of top tips to securely store your belongings in the winter.
● Make sure everything you store is clean – When putting away your valuables for winter, to minimise the chance of damaging your belongings. It’s important that you make sure everything is clean and prepared for use when it’s out of storage. If you choose to place dirty items into storage. It will cause the paint or fabric of your valuables to deteriorate over time.
● Use cotton or wool sheets as covers – Once you have moved your belongings into the storage unit. Make sure you have the right covers to protect your items from damage. Unfortunately, vinyl and plastic covers will trap moisture and water inside, harming the items if stored for a long time. Instead, use a moving blanket as they absorb the moisture in the air. This is particularly important during the winter where precipitation is at its highest.
● Keep electronics off the ground – If you’re storing anything that has an electrical component to it. It is important to keep those items off the ground. As the ground is colder than the temperature in the unit. Any electronics or batteries left sitting on the cold ground will not work at all or work as well when you use them again.
In the winter, storing your belongings in a self-storage unit can be a great deal of help. And improve your peace of mind during this period. But it’s worth to keep in mind the above storage tips so you can stop worrying about your belongings suffering the wrath of winter.
Not only do Store That provide high quality yet affordable storage units in E14. We make it our priority to protect our storage units against environmental factors. Including the winter weather. All of our storage units are covered by 24-hour CCTV protection as well as in-house security guards to keep your belongings safe.
If you have any further questions regarding our services. Feel free to call our friendly team members today on, 020 7515 1300.
‘Tis the season to be jolly – and that we are!
It’s a well-known fact that Christmas is a time for joy and giving. So this year Store That Self Storage East London are giving our customers discounts and offers on a range of our storage solutions.
Take a look at our discounts for December below:
● Get a third month FREE on selected internal units – Whether you’re in need of some temporary storage for your furniture while you renovate the house. Or perhaps you’re looking for something a little more long-term. When you hire one of our storage units in E14 you get the third month completely free! Based on the riverfront in East London. We have a number of internal units available for rent – ranging from just 20 sqft to 150 sqft.
● Receive 10% OFF selected 155 sqft sea containers – Exclusive for December, we’re giving our customers the opportunity to receive 10% off when they hire one of our brand new sea containers. As sea container rentals specialists, we understand the benefits of using these containers as storage. Including their durability, reliability and security. Perhaps if your moving contract has fallen through or you need somewhere to store your office furniture. Our sea container storage gives you a whole garage-worth of space!
● All existing customers get 10% discount on all packaging – Not only do Store That E14 specialise in storage unit rental. We can also provide customers with everything you need to make the storing process as stress-free as possible. That means padlocks, bubble wrap, cartons, tape, padding, furniture covers and more are all available at a reasonable price – and now with 10% off!
While it may be an unconventional Christmas gift. If you want to give your loved one or friend the gift of storage this year; get in touch with us today.
Our 2 acre factory is based on 122 – 126 Westferry Road, near Millwall Outer Dock and just a stone’s throw from Canary Wharf. Making it an ideal location for anyone in the area. If you have any further questions regarding our services. Feel free to call our friendly team members today on 020 7515 1300.
The new year signifies the start of endless amounts of resolutions. For many this centers around becoming more organised and tidy! If this is the case, you could benefit from our storage units at Store That Canary Wharf. The amount of clutter that gathers over the year is endless, some of which can be too sentimental to part with. Therefore bringing your belongings to our sea container storage units based in E14 could be very beneficial.
What are the benefits of sea container storage?
Essentially, the main benefit is the fact that your belongings won’t be at home taking up much needed storage space! Get your house neat and tidy ready to welcome in the new year! It has been proven that living in an uncluttered, minimalist environment can have a largely positive effect on your wellbeing as a whole. These positive effects include increased productivity. As well as reducing stress and depression.
How long can my belongings stay at the Store That Canary Wharf site?
You have the option of holding a temporary contract with us. Or a something more long-term. It could be a case of you wanting to get the Christmas decorations away for another year or something more short term like furniture storage for a few months perhaps. While you decorate the spare bedroom that you’ve been meaning to give a fresh lick of paint!
How secure are my stored items?
You can be assured that Store That Canary Wharf offer a secure site with both CCTV coverage and 24 hour in-house security. Our sea containers in east London can also be accompanied with everything needed to facilitate your storage. Including packaging and security measures. Such as providing you with padlocks and bubble wrap.
What locations do you cover?
Our Store That sea containers storage is primarily based in east London. Just a stone’s throw from Canary Wharf and in an ideal location for those in the surrounding areas . So pop down, and let us help you to get organised in 2018! If you have any further questions regarding our services. feel free to call our friendly team members today on, 020 7515 1300.
With pesky children and a nosey husbands sniffing around the Christmas tree each year. Most of us resort to hiding the gifts on top of the wardrobe or even in the loft. However, if it’s not the little ones sussing out your hiding spots. Your partner is bound to track them down – making it difficult for mums everywhere to keep presents safe from prying eyes.
With nine out of ten parents saying they tried hard to keep presents out of sight of their children. Store That have listed some of the very best places to hide Christmas gifts.
Depending on the age of your youngsters, the garage could be the ideal spot to hide presents ahead of the big day. With a huge expanse of space and high ceilings, garages provide you with excellent spots the kids won’t look at.
Again, the loft/attic is another place where your kids won’t have access to – or at least, you hope so! You can stick a number of gifts into this unsuspecting space to keep them out of the kids sight. However, make sure your spot is safe from any pests or drafts and flooding. Electronic items and valuable gifts will not survive well in the fluctuating temperatures.
It may be used to store plant pots, the lawn mower and compost. But it can be the ideal place to store your Christmas gifts during this time. The kids are unlikely to be walking in and out of your garden shed in the weeks leading up to the big day so your presents will be out of sight.
4. A Friend’s House
A strange one, we know! But you would be surprised at the amount of people (65%) who are using their friends and neighbours’ homes to store Christmas gifts. It does have its advantages though – this hiding spot is particularly useful when you’re purchasing a big present such as a bike or even a car.
5. The Office
Keeping presents at the office may be the last place you think of but if you have a private desk with a filing cabinet or shelving, it could be handy! However, make sure your desk is secure before you leave them there – particularly if it’s an expensive item. Having someone walk off with your husband’s expensive watch would definitely ruin Christmas!
If you’re struggling to find anywhere in the home (or the office!) to hide your Christmas gifts this year, why not try our safe and secure secure self storage units in E14 – just a stone’s throw away from Canary Wharf! At our 2-acre site, we have a variety of safe and secure self-storage solutions including our clean and spacious storage units ranging from 20 – 150sqft, accessible drive up units E14 and well-ventilated sea container storage. To find out more about our storage space, get in touch with us on 020 7515 1300 or email email@example.com