When it comes to self-storage it is important that safety is taken into account. Many people can overlook the manual handling of their goods as they want to get the job of loading up their self-storage unit done quickly. With back pain leading to an estimated 10 million sick days a year; can you really afford not to take the way you load and unload your self-storage unit in East London seriously?
Here at Store That, a self-storage facility in East London, our team have put together some tips to ensure that you are lifting and carrying your goods safely and not damaging your back in the process.
Before you even start to think about moving something, you should take the time to do an internal risk assessment. A risk is a situation that involves or could expose you to danger. Just take a quick look around to make sure that your path is clear and that your vision won’t be obstructed while moving your goods.
Does it need to be moved?
You should only ever attempt to move something if it is completely necessary to do so. If an item is fine where it is, then let it be.
Use the right mechanical aids.
Where possible you should always look at using mechanical handling tools such as pallet trucks; trolleys and sack barrows, to take the strain off of your body.
Plan your route.
If travelling with your items is unavoidable, it is important that you know where you are going before you start unloading and carrying them. Take the time to check your route for any trip hazards and ensure that your route is clear of any traffic.
If you have to lift the load at any point; be sure to check the weight of it by giving it a gentle nudge with your foot. It is too heavy? Don’t attempt to lift it then. When it comes to lifting the load by hand, always bend your knees; hug the load; keep your back straight and lift with your legs. You should always avoid twisting or leaning while carrying the load no matter how light you may think it is.
Here at Store That, we can offer the use of forklifts and fully trained handling staff to make the process of loading and unloading as safe as possible. If you have any questions regarding self-storage in East London, then contact us today on 020 7515 1300.
Moving to a new house can be one of the most stressful situations you could ever find yourself in. Does it have to be though? The key to a successful, stress-free move is to be well organised and start planning ahead of time. You don’t want to get to moving day and find you haven’t got enough boxes.
Here at Store That, near Canary Wharf, our team have compiled a list of some tips to help your packing go as smoothly as possible.
- Start early – The process of selling and buying a house can take months, our suggestion would be to start packing as soon as your offer is accepted – if not a bit sooner. Between work and other distractions, you will be surprised how quickly the time will go – you don’t want to still be packing on moving day.
- Prioritise – Be sure to pack all of the things you are unlikely to use before the moving day first. Maybe you have a room full of belongings you are unlikely to need on the day of the move, or you could start with seasonal items such as Christmas decorations.
- One room at a time – It is important not to jump the gun and start packing multiple rooms at a time, as it could lead to confusion when you get to the new house. Start in one room and don’t move until you have packed everything in that specific area. After, keep all the boxes in the appropriate rooms. kitchen boxes should stay in the kitchen. This will make moving boxes into the moving van into the new kitchen much easier
- Label – Make sure you write down the name of the room on each box and its contents. An extra tip is to write a list of the items in the box on every side. This will help identify where exactly it should go when they are all stacked up on top of each other.
At Store That near Canary Wharf, we offer everything you may need for packaging (from boxes to padlocks) on moving day. We also provide secure self-storage in East London so if you have any items you cannot bear to part with just yet, you can keep them with us.
If you are struggling for space while moving house and require self-storage in East London, contact us today on 020 7515 1300.
With the summer holidays fast approaching; parents may already be panicking about the lack of space they have around the house. After all, during the term, the house starts to fill with endless amounts of sports equipment; piles of arts and crafts and school uniforms hanging off every piece of furniture!
As the schools break up and the requests from children to have their friends stay over to play come rolling in; it may be time to think about making some additional space in your home. Luckily, Store That E14 is here to help make your summer holidays go a bit smoother. Here are a few ways we can help:
- With the warmer weather, it may be time to clear out some of those indoor toys to make space in the playroom. While the kids enjoy fun in the garden, you can be sorting through all their toys and organise whether to keep; get rid or donate. Not only does this help make room for the autumn season when the kids will be back playing inside. But you can get rid of some of the toys that have been sending you bonkers!
However, if the kids can’t bear to part with their toys just yet; our secure self-storage units in E14 are equipped with 24/hr CCTV and on-site security. This, therefore, means that you and the kids can rest easy knowing that the toys are in the safest hands.
- Are you sick of your kids playing computer games all day and need somewhere to hide it away for the summer? We offer secure self-storage with packaging options to ensure that your electronics stay safely tucked away for summer. This gives you the chance to enjoy the summer weather outside with the kids.
- Are the older ones coming back from university for the summer? Have you sneakily turned their bedroom into a home gym or office? Don’t worry, we have you covered! With our short-term self-storage packages in E14, you can put back their room for the summer and change it back when they head off again. Your secret’s safe with us!
Moreover, summer is meant to be a time to relax with the family, making the most of the long sunny London days. So, why not reduce the stress by clearing out all that unwanted clutter and moving it to a secure self-storage unit near the London Docklands? Here at Store That E14, our staff offer a helpful and personal touch to self-storage. This ensures that the whole process is as hassle-free as possible.
Finally, if you would like to know how we can help with your self-storage needs in E14, email us today: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7538 0477.
Here at Store That E14 we understand the importance of supporting entrepreneurs and small business owners. We also understand that keeping your business running means that your home can often get taken over with work related items; leaving you with nowhere to switch off. If this sounds familiar, then it may be time to think about a secure self-storage unit E14; helping to keep work at the office and your home somewhere to relax.
Whether you are a small retailer or an office-based enterprise; we have the storage solutions to fit any size business:
- Office furniture– As your business grows you may be looking to invest in new office furniture. Leaving the old desks and chairs taking up much needed work space. Store the old bits in one of our secure storage units near Canary Wharf. You can then sell them on, to make some of your money back.
- Ecommerce– For businesses that sell products online, storage is vital. If you are using our storage facilities as an overflow for your products or even if you’re a start up in need of somewhere to store all of your stock, you can be sure that it is in safe hands, with our 24hr CCTV and on-site security.
- Window displays– If you are a retailer, you will know better than anyone how important it is to have seasonal and relevant window displays. While it is good to keep your business up to date with the time of year, it does mean that you may have to find storage for the props and posters not being used at certain times. Here at Store That E14 we have secure self-storage units on the isle of dogs that come in all shapes and sizes to help keep your shop running smoothly.
Store That E14 offer everything needed to simplify your storage and packaging needs. With padlocks to furniture covers, all available at a reasonable cost. We also have packages to suit everyone from temporary storage to short or long-term storage contracts. So, if you are in need of self-storage solutions in East London for your business then contact us today on 020 7515 1300.